Friday, February 1, 2019

Penn Central 51

           
           51st Anniversary of the Penn Central

 Greetings and welcome to a special edition of the Ralston Creek Railroad Blog. Today marks the 51st Anniversary of the formation of the Penn Central Railroad. For better or worse, the Penn Central was brought into the world February 1st, 1968. To my surprise, much fanfare was made for the 50th Anniversary in 2018. I for various reasons did not mark the exact date of the PC 50th Anniversary. However I did have lots of fun celebrating the PC in various ways over the course of its 50th year. Here's a little tribute to the fans, employees and the modellers of the former Penn Central. Nothing fancy, just some shots to celebrate the day.






























Hope you enjoyed the photos and posts from the last year. Here's to another year of PC fun!!!

                                                Penn Central Railroad 1968-1976


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder of the Feb 1st anniversary and for the look at your great collection of PC equipment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ralph!!! My boss was telling me February 1st is National Go Red Day. That knocked a nugget loose and reminded me of another commeration on February 1st. Looking forward to celebrating the PC for another year! 😃

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reminder and posting about the 51st Anniversary Brian!!! I really enjoyed the photos and was very happy to see SD38 #6958 which has been a little camera shy this year😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sir John!!! I felt bad that I didn’t get a 50th Anniversary post put together last year. So I managed to celebrate a year later. You’re right, I need to get my SD38’s in a upcoming PCCM. Get the carbon knocked out of the prime movers. Here’s to another year celebrating the PC!!!

      Delete