Friday, March 2, 2018

Rocky Mountain Model Train Show

                    Greetings and welcome to the first post of my Ralston Creek Railroad Blog.
My focus for this blog will revolve around the Rocky Mountain Model Train Show here in Denver. The show runs March 3rd and 4th, 2018. With any luck I'll be attending both days.


I'm really more interested in seeing the layouts and maybe catching a workshop, instead of scooping up lots of bargains. My shops are backlogged with enough projects already. I plan to hangout with my buddy Conductor Bruce on Sunday. He actually went to school to be a Conductor and is licensed by the State to work on real trains. He has lots of great railroad stories to share when we hangout.


There are two shows that display the talents of local modellers with modular layouts and over two and a half acres of vendors and manufacturers to shop from. According to the flyer it's billed as the largest model train show, West of the Mississippi River. I never been to any other large train shows East or West of the South Platte River, so I'll have to take their word for it.

               My biggest thrill is to see the work of the local modellers and their modular layouts.
                    Some great looking layouts and models to checkout throughout the show area.





Some of the layouts from previous shows. I will add 2018 photos on my next post. Hope you enjoyed this first edition. Special thanks to John, Ralph, Ed, Neal and Larry for inspiring me with their Blogs, wonderful layouts and the P.C.C.M. segments.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog! Looking forward to future posts and maybe some pics of those projects you have sitting in boxes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir Neal!!! I’m hoping with the Blog and nicer weather, more of my projects can see the light of day.

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogger world Brian!!! You're off to a fine start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sir John!!!! I really needed to get a Blog started if I wanted to participate in the PCCM series. I’ll also be able to share more of my crackpot ideas and projects.

      Delete
  3. Great start to the blogging world. Looks like a great show. But I don't understand something. How is it possible to attend such a big show and not find at least 1 or 2 bargains? Is it even legal to goto a show and not buy anything ?

    Those modular layouts are awesome. I can't imagine how they can keep them looking so good with taking them them up and down, moving around so much. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you E.E.!!!! I’ll show my stash of goodies on the next post. I’m just limiting the amount of damage I will inflict on the budget and project back log. You and Larry will be surprised on some of the projects in the pipeline. I agree, the modular layout guys do a great job keeping their layouts looking and running so well.

      Delete
  4. Nice start with the new blog! The photos suggest the Rocky Mountain Model Train Show is well worth a visit...on both days! The picture of the room with the tables and exhibits dos make it look like a large show!

    Have a great time and keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ralph!!!! This show is our replacement for the Great American Train Show that dumped Denver from the schedule. They claimed we were a geographical obstacle for their logistics. So some local guys put this show together and did a great job! It’s big enough to get at least a dozen or more manufacturers to participate and several of the big traveling vendors. I’ll try and get some more shots of the show itself. I’m looking forward to sharing some out West style of railroading on the Blog and of course celebrating the PC.

      Delete